Play Video Offline in moodle mobile App

Re: Ang: Re: Ang: Re: Play Video Offline in moodle mobile App

by Dani Palou -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi,

if the 500MB are split into several videos of 20MB max, then yes, all the videos will be downloaded in background without the user to know it. We've talked several times of improving this and add download icons too, I opened an issue for this:

https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MOBILE-1612

About youtube/vimeo videos, they should work fine in the app. I checked with your user and I'm able to play a vimeo video. But please notice that these videos won't be downloaded for offline usage since they're external pages/players.

About the internal links problem, I think it could be related with having an old version of the Moodle Mobile Additional Features plugin. Can you please upgrade the plugin to the latest version for Moodle 3.0?

Kind regards,

Dani

In reply to Dani Palou

Re: Play Video Offline in moodle mobile App

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Dani,

Thanks for explaining how to enable videos to be downloaded when using the app. I have added your explanation to the documentation Creating Moodle Mobile friendly courses - under 'Media download for offline usage'. Please feel free to add to or amend the docs if necessary. smile

Average of ratings: Useful (1)