Server Licenses SCORM

Server Licenses SCORM

by juan manuel -
Number of replies: 3

Hello everyone.

I have an Moodle 2.8.5

I need to sell licenses of my packages SCORM
I want my clients have in their platforms access to my packages SCORM and these packages be on my server.

How I can control the number of uses of these packages?
Can this be done? Are there any tools for this?

Greatly appreciate guidance in this

Average of ratings: -
In reply to juan manuel

Re: Server Licenses SCORM

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

You should take a look at how AICC packages allow this - You would need to set your AICC packages up on your own server using some form of AICC content server hosting software (Moodle can't operate as the AICC server) and then you supply AICC Zip packages that link to the content on your external server for your clients to load in Moodle.

Moodle supports the playing of AICC content - both self-contained and external HACP content but cannot operate as the AICC content server.

I haven't done this myself and haven't seen any open-source solutions that would allow you to host your own AICC content server - but let us know if you find something as I'm sure others will be interested.

In reply to juan manuel

by Annemarie Rebel -

Hi Juan,

I am looking for the same solution. What are you using at the moment?

Thanks!

Annemarie

In reply to Annemarie Rebel

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I've heard of a few people using Moodle as an LTI provider - so the SCORM is hosted within a Moodle site and then the external LMS uses LTI to connect with Moodle to display the SCORM - might be worth looking at?