Invalid CSV file (Upload a new course)

Invalid CSV file (Upload a new course)

Nancy Sanchez -
Erantzun kopurua: 6

Dear Support( My Moodle version is 2.6):

I am have a problem with upload a course that I have backup in my desktop, every time when I try to uploaded is the following message : Invalid to open CSV file. 

Your support is very valuable for me as beginner.

Invalid CVS file

Puntuazioen batez bestekoa: -
Nancy Sanchez(e)ri erantzunda

Re: Invalid CSV file (Upload a new course)

Emma Richardson -
Documentation writers-ren irudia Particularly helpful Moodlers-ren irudia Plugin developers-ren irudia

The upload course area is not for restoring a backup file.  That is for creating courses with a csv file.  If you want to restore a backup, go the front page of your site and select restore from the admin menu.

Puntuazioen batez bestekoa:Useful (1)
Emma Richardson(e)ri erantzunda

Nancy Sanchez -

Dear Emma, Thank you very much! I already resolved this issue, and everything is working good

Thanks all!

Nancy S.

Nancy Sanchez(e)ri erantzunda

Richard Oelmann -
Core developers-ren irudia Plugin developers-ren irudia Testers-ren irudia

Backup file should be .mbz not .csv and shouldn't get as far as analysing the columns before telling you its an invalid file type.

Is the file actually a Moodle backup or is it a csv file (list) of courses and their details for the upload course tool itself?

Richard Oelmann(e)ri erantzunda

Mary Cooch -
Documentation writers-ren irudia Moodle HQ-ren irudia Particularly helpful Moodlers-ren irudia Testers-ren irudia Translators-ren irudia

Oh that's interesting Richard - you just made me go and see what happens when you upload a file that isn't a CSV file. I just uploaded a random png image file instead, first thing I found, and I got the message "there is something wrong with the format of the CSV file - number of columns  not constant". I think this is misleading if you have mistakenly uploaded a file like an .mbz. I wonder if we should change that wording to clarify? (I will go and change the "More information about this error" in the meantime...