Students see can make appointments for Teachers not in their group

Students see can make appointments for Teachers not in their group

by Stephen Ray -
Number of replies: 2
Moodle version: Moodle 2.8.5+ (Build: 20150313) Version 2014111005.01 and Scheduler version: 2014090100 2.7.0 We have a course with Group Mode = Separate Groups and Force Group Mode = Yes. There are multiple teachers for the course and a group is created for each teacher containing the teacher themselves and their assigned students. A student will only be assigned to one teacher. There is one scheduler in the course and we are relying on Moodle grouping to prevent teachers and students from seeing slots and appointments outside of their group. The problem is students are seeing every slot for every teacher and can schedule an appointment with any teacher even if the teacher is not the one in the group they are assigned to. Can you describe how we can set up the scheduler so that they a student only sees the slots for the teacher in their group?
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Stephen Ray

Re: Students see can make appointments for Teachers not in their group

by R. Schw4rtz -

Hi, I have exactly the same issue !

Suggestions welcome

In reply to R. Schw4rtz

Re: Students see can make appointments for Teachers not in their group

by Henning Bostelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers

Hello

Currently, i.e., up to and including the current stable version (branch MOODLE_27_STABLE), Scheduler does not have any feature for restricting students to book only within their groups. Rather, the "Visible groups" / "Separate groups" setting is used to enable *booking in groups*; i.e., with group mode enabled, students can make an appointment for their entire group at the same time. ("Visible groups" and  "Separate groups" actually behave identically.)

However, for the next release (Scheduler 2.9, I expect a release in early September), this behaviour will change, and it will allow to restrict students to appointments with teachers in their groups. For details see here:

https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=316797

The feature is available on the master branch on github and you're welcome to test it, but I would not recommend it for production use yet.