Keeps deleting photos, randomly

Keeps deleting photos, randomly

by Jamie Hibbard -
Number of replies: 1

I have a problem that when uploading a photo/pic using the file picker it shows in the WYSIWIG

When I save,

Some times it isn't there.

Sometimes it is, but repeated editing will cause it to delete. (leaving place holder)

This is very noticeable when I have a class using it for Wiki's only a few will make it through.

Here is a link to example http://moodle.langstone-jun.portsmouth.sch.uk/course/index.php?categoryid=7

This is very frustrating and is making me want to move away from moodle.

Jamie

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jamie Hibbard

Re: Keeps deleting photos, randomly

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

Hi Jamie, I cannot give a specific answer about every case, but there is certainly something going on. As an older programmer, I learned that servers did not always appreciate spaces in file names. This is something I have stuck with and I have never had the kinds of problems you are experiencing. Sometimes spaces are replaced with underscores, but even then, some servers do not like too many underscores. I have also found the majority of these kinds of problems seem to come from Windows servers using non-Windows software, like PHP, but that is arguable, it is only an unsupported observation. I hope this puts you in the right direction anyway.