Managing taskchains

Managing taskchains

by Robert Maran -
Number of replies: 1

Hi Gordon

A bit of learning curve but I am getting the hang of task chain in moodle 2.8. Maybe I am missing something but a couple of questions:

1. When I go to edit a chain (for example I want to replace a version of a hot potatoes exercise or an hot potatoes exercise that has an error in it),  I click on "edit task". Then I click on the exercise I want to edit, and it takes me to the source (or source folder). I open the folder and click on the exercise I want to replace my existing exercise for. I am then presented with "set main file" button and "update" button. If I just want to replace one exercise, which should I click on?  I think "update" just adds all the files/exercises in the folder-doesn't it? Will "set main file", just replace that one exercise then? If so, shouldn't there be another button like "choose this task/exercise only"? 

2. In quizport, we could re-grade student attempts. This was particularly useful when we had changed the grade policy or some grading conditions. I see, "delete attempts", but I don't seem to be able to find "re-grade".

Thanks as always

Robert

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Robert Maran

Re: Managing taskchains

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Good morning Robert,

1. to replace a file an an file area within Moodle, proceed as if you were adding a new file, and then when Moodle realizes that the new file has the same name as one of the files already in the file area, it will ask you whether you wish to overwrite the old file with the new one, or rename the new file to something else.
  2. perhaps you don't need a regrade option, because I think the regrading is done automatically when you change a setting that will affect the grades. I'm not sure about that though, so we better test it to make sure

regards
Gordon