User receives duplicate confirmation & cancellation emails

User receives duplicate confirmation & cancellation emails

by Adib Masumian -
Number of replies: 2

Hello all,

We've installed the face-to-face plugin in one of our courses and have been doing some testing with it. We've found that, when a user signs up for a class or cancels their registration, they receive two emails--one with a calendar event, and one without. 

Try as I might, I can't find anything in the course settings--or anywhere else in Moodle, for that matter--that indicates duplicate emails are being sent. 

Does anyone know why this is happening, and how I can disable the duplicate emails? Ideally, we would like for these conditions to be true:

• When registering for a course, the user receives one email confirming their registration along with a calendar invite
  • When cancelling a course, the user receives one email confirming their cancellation with no calendar event

We're running Moodle 2.6.

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Adib Masumian

Re: User receives duplicate confirmation & cancellation emails

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Moving this to the Face to Face plugin forum....

In reply to Adib Masumian

Re: User receives duplicate confirmation & cancellation emails

by Phil Everist -

The user signup screen (from clicking the Signup link for a f2f session) has a Notification Type dropdown  list at the bottom where the user can nominate how they want to be notified. The help information for this field says:

Notification Type allows the learner to select how they would like to be notified of their booking.

• iCalendar appointment only
  • Email notification only
  • Email notification and iCalendar appointment

the last option is the first listed / default option in the dropdown so both an email with the details  plus the same email with an Ical file is what most people get.

Having the user select the 'icalendar appointment only' option will give the result you requested on registration.

The post https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=176532 suggested providing an option to change the default  but I am not aware this has been implemented - I'm sure it could be done via a code change but can't assist with how to do that.

For the second part of your request, try ticking the 'Disable icalendar cancellations' option under administration/plugins/activity modules/face to face.