I'm implementing the badges in our Moodle to set up logistic connections between courses to create curricula based on multiple courses. At the moment I'm studying the badges settings to understand what are the best and more practical solutions to fulfill this request.
There two types of badges in Moodle with different criteria:
- course level: against activities completion, against other courses completion and issue by role
- site level: multiple courses completion, profile completion, issue by role
As it is not possible to set up badges in a category by level/badges already awarded I was thinking about set up the curricula in this way:
1. Adding course's badges with the Activity completion criteria
(these in the first and basic course, ex. "How to set up a course" with the badge "Newbie teacher" )
2. Adding course badges with Other Courses completion criteria
(these in the courses that participants will attend after the basic one, ex. "Improve your teaching methods" with the badge "Efficient teacher" and "Learn how to engage your students" with the badge "Proactive teacher". Both of the badges can be awarded only after the completion of "How to set up a course")
3. Adding a site badge with Set of courses completion criteria
(this one as the real Curricula Badge, ex. "Expert teacher" badge)
What do you think about this setup? How do you use badges in your curricula?
I'm waiting for your feedback and ideas.