Course Overview: No Course Information to Show

Course Overview: No Course Information to Show

by C G -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,

Sometimes after new students confirm their new account by clicking the link emailed to them, they leave our site without completing enrollment. When they come back later and login, the Course Overview box shows 'No Course Information to Show' and they can't complete enrollment. I don't know why. The Course only appears when they are enrolled. As far as I see, the blocks are set to 'show all courses'. I'm not sure if it's a permissions issue or not.  I've looked through pretty much all of the earlier suggestions on this topic and nothing has worked for me.

I only have one course so in an ideal world it would be nice if new users were automatically redirected to either the enrollment options screen for this course or logged straight into the course if they are already enrolled. A

Average of ratings: -
In reply to C G

Re: Course Overview: No Course Information to Show

by Emma Richardson -
Bildo de Documentation writers Bildo de Particularly helpful Moodlers Bildo de Plugin developers
So they are doing authentication by self registration with email?
How are they then enrolling in the class?

You can change your settings for the front page to show all courses - look at the front page settings area for logged in users.
In reply to Emma Richardson

Re: Course Overview: No Course Information to Show

by C G -

Hi Emma,

Thanks for your reply. Yes, they are doing authentication by self-registering with email. Enrolment is through PayPal which shows up on the Enrolment Options screen.

I've tried the Front Page settings already. It's already set to show 'List of Courses' for logged in users. No courses show up on 'My Home' unless they enroll immeditatly after confirming their account. In other words, users can't come back to the site later, login, and enrol.  I'd be happy to PM  you to show you what I mean.  Thanks.