Max file size for zip plugin Configurable reports

Max file size for zip plugin Configurable reports

by Federica Marra -
Number of replies: 5

Hi Juan smile
I have some issues installing this plugin in my Moodle  My test version is the 2.8.3 but I read that this plugin works with 2.8.+ versions also.
I cannot upload the zip file in the plugin page because "the uploaded file exceeds the upload_max_filesize directive in php.ini".
Can you please explain me this message? Shall I contact my server admin and ask him about our uploading files settings? Can it be related with the different Moodle versions? 

Thanks, it is quite important. We are using this plugin in our production environment (2.7.+) and it is very useful for us, we would like to keep it after the upgrade of our Moodle version.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Federica Marra

Re: Max file size for zip plugin Configurable reports

by Michael E -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Testers

Hi Federica,

We are using configurable reports on Moodle 2.8.1 and 2.8.5 without any issues.

The issue you are describing is related to a setting in the php.ini file. It's part of the server configuration, thus if you do not know where the file is located or how to edit it, it's best to contact your server admin. Send him the error message and ask him to higher the maximum filesize you can upload. It is not related to configurable reports. Try uploading a file into your private folder of Moodle, which is at least the same size as the zip. It will fail too.

Alternatively, if you have access to the server, you can unpack the zip file and place the folder "configurable_reports" directly in the "blocks" folder.

Good luck!

Michael

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by amit yadav -

Hi Federica,

This error has nothing to do with Configurable reports. Yes, you must contact your server admin to increase the value of upload_max_filesize directive in php.ini file. You can check its value in Moodle through Administration > Security > Site Policies > Maximum uploaded file size.

In reply to amit yadav

by Federica Marra -

Thanks both of you guys,
I hope I will manage to solve this issue. 

It looks strange because the size of the zip file is 3.071KB and in our Admin/Security/Site Policies we do have the maximum upload file size set up at 2MB.

I keep on hoping that it is not related with the plugin but with our settings because I'm really in love with these configurable reports. (looks a bit geek in this way but it is true! big grin)

by amit yadav -

Size of zip file is 3.071 MB, not 3.071 KB. Please check it again. Since maximum upload file size setting is 2 MB, you are not able to upload configurable report plugin. Ask your system admin to increase upload_max_filesize directive to a reasonable value in php.ini file.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to amit yadav

by Federica Marra -

Ehi Amit, I checked and it looks like that we have different ways of writing decimals in Italy (maybe I should have thought about this before posting!). However 3000KB are about 3MB so the problem can be considered as solved. 

I will ask to our server administrator, as it is not possible to set up more than 2MB in Admin/Security/SIte Policies, to increase the upload_max_filesize in php.

Thanks again!