Essential Theme Editing course issues

Essential Theme Editing course issues

by Jason Liu -
Number of replies: 5

Hello,

We're trying to implement the Essentials Theme to our Moodle (v 2.6.1 Build 20140113) and are running into a few issues.

After turning editing on at a specific course, I can see the "Add an activity or resource" link, but it is not hyperlinked, as in it just appears as text. Some Edit buttons don't work either (but some do!). On the same page I can't click on any links in Course Admin, but can click on Site Admin. This seems to happen both in Chrome and Firefox (current versions), but it works fine in IE 10.0.x

Also this issue doesn't seem to occur on every page, but only some.

Is something wrong with the theme? Because it worked fine in our old theme (sky high).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

(Edited by Mary Cooch - to clarify subject -original submission Friday, 20 March 2015, 4:23 AM)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jason Liu

Re: Essential Theme Editing course issues

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

Before I can help solve this can you please tell me what version of Essential are you using?

Also can you please tell me if you are using any third party plugins like Blocks or Course Formats other than those shipped with Moodle?

Thanks

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Jason Liu -

Hi Mary,

I believe we're using 2.6.11 of Essential.

No Blocks or Course Formats as far as I can tell.

Thanks,

Jason

In reply to Jason Liu

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

OK...I'll need to test it...it may take a while, but will try and get back to you ASAP

In reply to Jason Liu

by Mary Evans -

OK...well I have added this version of Essential,and tested it and can find nothing wrong with the activity chooser link, with or without AJAX enabled. So I can only suggest it must be something you have added. 

I really do think you would benefit from an update to Moodle 2.6.10. It is worth updating this for the security patches alone!

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Mary Evans -

Just thought of something.

if it breaks in FF Chrome but is OK in IE then it could be in the text of the coursr material you added or someone added, the source of which was in an OUTLOOK email or some MS WORD Document. 

Copy pasting text from WORD documents can be lethal in Moodle.

So if I were you I would check the contents of the page where the problems seem the worst.

Cheers

Mary