Scoring Each Section of a Quiz Separately (Reporting)

Scoring Each Section of a Quiz Separately (Reporting)

by Larry Trn -
Number of replies: 6
I have created a quiz that has 24, multiple-choice questions. This singular quiz covers 4 different subject areas. Is there a way to report 4 scores -- a separate score for each subject area?

I'm not interested in creating 4 quizzes.

It's really important for my career that I find a solution to this problem. I'm hoping one of you can help! Surely an educator somewhere has had a similar need. Thanks for reading.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Larry Trn

Re: Scoring Each Section of a Quiz Separately (Reporting)

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Quite a lot of people want something like this.

Unfortunately, everyone seems to want something slightly differently, and no-one seems to want to do the work of implementing it, so it is not possible yet in Moodle.

In reply to Larry Trn

by Hartmut Scherer -

Hi Larry,

You can accomplish this with the Dataform plugin. See the discussion HERE.

With kind regards,

Hartmut

In reply to Larry Trn

by Paula Clough -

Larry

Check out outcomes . You should be able to set up a different outcome for each subject, connect the questions to the proper outcome .  You won't get exactly the report separation but I think you can make things work to show how students did in each different outcome .  

cool

In reply to Paula Clough

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Paula, that functionality is not available in standard Moodle. (I am guessing you are a Moodlerooms customer. See MDL-40230 for the attempt to get those outcomes changes into core.) 

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Paula Clough -

Yes, Tim, you are correct.  I did work with that in a Moodlerooms instance .  Sorry Larry for the confusion . 

blush

In reply to Larry Trn

by Ray Morris -

Here is a report I'm working on that breaks the score down by category, based on the categories the questions are in within the question bank.  It seems to basically work, though I'm not quite done working on it.  I'll be tidying it up over the next few weeks.  It should be installed in mod/quiz/report/categorygrades/