What is the right way to customize a button's text

Re: What is the right way to customize a button's text

Napisane przez: AL Rachels ()
Liczba odpowiedzi: 0
Obraz Core developers Obraz Particularly helpful Moodlers Obraz Plugin developers Obraz Testers

In a way it is the best thing since, "sliced bread!" It is truly amazing all the different things you can do with Generico filters, and if you use the PoodLL3 filter, you can also do all the same things with it. In fact, the same filter "bundles" will work in either filter.

Essentially, if you were to install the Generico filter plugin just to be able to do what I showed in my last post, you will get the added benefit of being able to do many more things, as well, simply because, by default you can have 20 filters defined. Plus, you can up that number. In one of my sites I currently have it set for 45 filters. You can even place filters inside of filters. For instance, many times when I use a gradient toggle to decrease the size of the description, I also personalize those directions by adding a firstname filter inside it. The front page of my sites will greet you by your first and last names and welcome you to the site.

Just a few days ago, someone in another forum was wanting to know if it was possible to have multiple feedback phrases for the overall quiz feedback so that students did not all get the same feedback. It only took me about an hour to make a filter that will give one of ten randomly selected phrases. In fact, since the quiz already can vary the feedback based on a score range, I've been working on multiple versions - one set for a perfect score, plus others for score ranges of A or high, B-C or moderate, and Encouragement for barely passing and lower, to urge them to improve next time. No more work dreaming up what to set for the feedback ranges, just a couple of clicks and it's automatic.