How to load mounted files using Scorm ?Does moodle accept wiRaR files

How to load mounted files using Scorm ?Does moodle accept wiRaR files

by Lwando Mlonzi -
Number of replies: 3

Hi everyone ,I'm  new in moodle ,I have been trying to load a training video with an extension .ISO, I have mounted the files, they are  WiRaR.zip files now,Im trying to load them using scorm ,when I drag the ziped file to moodle ,it only show the progress bar which doesnt finish to load ,I have attached the picture , does moodle accept wiRaR files or do I have to change the program to be a defrent ziped file,Please help

Attachment load.JPG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lwando Mlonzi

Re: How to load mounted files using Scorm ?Does moodle accept wiRaR files

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Just old-fashioned zip files. However, if it got as far as it has then you should be ok. How big is the zip file - you can get problems if it is very large (e.g. over 1GB).

Failing that, turn on Debugging, look for additional messages and check your web server error log. 

by Lwando Mlonzi -

Thanks,the file is 19 KB

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

For a SCORM package to be played by Moodle the zip file needs the contents to be stored in SCORM format. The fact that SCORMS are Zip files is just as a convenient way to package up the contents. A set of ordinary video files wrapped in a zip won't play as a SCORM package.