New orangechoc theme available

New orangechoc theme available

by Joseph Rézeau -
Number of replies: 12
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi,

I am pleased to make available my orangechoc theme downloadable from http://rezeau.org/moodle/orangechocJR.zip

Orangechoc is a 2-column, fixed width theme inspired by David Scotson's Kubrick theme manifesto >>.

Enjoy!

Joseph

Attachment orangechoc00.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

Re: New orangechoc theme available

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Joseph,

Thanks for your really cool orangechoc theme! approve Perhaps it could be included in the Moodle standard release? I'll have to think up a reason for setting up another Moodle site in order to use it! wink

by Urs Hunkler -
Picture of Core developers

Great approach Joseph. Your theme makes me looking for a bar of chocolate and a white coffee. I hope your students will fastly return to their studies after their coffee breaks. smile

Urs

PS. Did you consider to make the rollover bars in the sideblocks a bit wider? They are clamping the link a bit.

In reply to Urs Hunkler

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Urs,

>Did you consider to make the rollover bars in the sideblocks a bit wider? They are clamping the link a bit.

Of course I had left those too-narrow rollovers for your hawk's eye to detect... and you didwink

I will try to give the links more vertical space in a further revision of orangechoc.

Thanks

Joseph

by Jean-Marc Loisil -

Nice theme,

I think that a 2column-theme is well-suited for small courses which don't need too many blocks. The student can focus on the content.

See you in Brittany ;)

JML

by Bhupinder Singh -

I read somewhere about a three column KUBRICK theme???

Any Idea.

I tried downloading your theme but could not reach the download Could you post it to this place??

Regards

Garry

In reply to Bhupinder Singh

by Joseph Rézeau -
Hi Garry,
Sorry about the address of my orange choc theme. I have updated it and you can download it now.
Joseph

by Steve Hyndman -

Joseph,

I just wanted to drop a line and say thanks for this great theme. I'm starting a new teaching job this fall and am in the process or setting up my teaching site and a new electronic portfolio site for use there.

I wanted my portfolio site to have the same basic colors as my teaching site, but I wanted it to look distinctly different as well to ensure students could immediately tell the difference between the two sites.

I really like the Kubric theme in WordPress and your OrangeChoc theme brings that concept into Moodle extremely well. I think this is going to work great for my portfolio site. www.gportfolio.net

Steve

In reply to Steve Hyndman

by Joseph Rézeau -

Steve,

Thanks for using OrangeChoc (and for telling me!). Anyone interested please note that this theme is now available through Moodle/Database/Themes here >>. And also that is  compatible with Moodle 1.6.

Joseph

PS Do not hesitate to post any questions or to report any bugssurprise concerning OrangeChoc in this thread.

by Steve Hyndman -

You're welcome Joseph.

A couple of small issues I found below...

1. When a you include large type in a section heading of a course, the lines of text overlap when the lines wrap. I fixed that by changing "line-height" to "normal" in the "#course-view .section" in the theme.  

2. When I insert a line from the rich text editor, it doesn't show...haven't fixed that one yet.

3. On the front of the site my header image is 370px wide, so when a student with a long name is logged in it pushed the header wider than the rest of the page...the login information doesn't wrap. I didn't fix the problem, but I did minimize it by changing the text at login from "You are logged in as:" to simply read "Welcome:"....that just gives more room for a longer name. I believe the text does wrap in course headers though. 

Steve

In reply to Steve Hyndman

by Joseph Rézeau -

Thanks for your "small issues" report.

1- line-height in #course-view .section -> corrected (should be normal indeed)

2- >When I insert a line from the rich text editor, it doesn't show... Do you mean the Horizontal Rule? I have disabled the <hr> tag because it is (almost) deprecated. You can re-enable it by simply deleting hr {display:none;}  from the orangechoc.css file.

3- Can't help it, sorry.

All the best,

Joseph

by Steve Hyndman -

Joseph,

2. Yes, the Horizontal Rule. No problem...I'll just remove the icon from the editor.

Thanks.