Restoring course: SCOs not unzipped

Restoring course: SCOs not unzipped

by Chris Douce -
Number of replies: 3

I'm using moodle 1.5.2 with Windows XP running EasyPHP 1.7 (I don't know what version of apache or php this uses - sorry).  I want to move courses between different moodle machines - eventually a windows and a linux moodle.  To get to know the mechanism I've tried moving a course which comprises of around 30 sco's (around 25mb) between two windows moodles.  I can backup okay, move the resulting zip between different machines, and restore.  No errors on restore reported (I choose to backup almost everythin).

After restoring I can view the topics and also the structure of a sco (its table of contents), but when clicking on sco pages, I see the error:

Sorry, the requested file could not be found

I can fix this but my current solution causes repetitive brain injury.  This is performed by clearing the zip filename associated to a sco, updating and then reselecting.

My questions are: is this a known bug, is this specific to my platform, is there anything I can do to save myself from the tedium?

Many thanks for your help.  Chris.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chris Douce

Re: Restoring course: SCOs not unzipped

by Chris Douce -
This seems to have been raised as bug #3570 which appears to have been set to fixed, but with little comment about how it was fixed/what to do to resolved this problem on your system.  Being a new moodler, where is a good place to continue to explore?  Thanks, Chris.
In reply to Chris Douce

Re: Restoring course: SCOs not unzipped

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Chris,

I suggest you firstly ensure you are using the latest version of Moodle 1.5.2. If the problem persists, please add additional comments to bug 3570 and also reply to this discussion. Please provide as much information as possible. As far as I know, EasyPHP 1.7 uses Apache 1.3.27, PHP 4.3.3 and MySQL 4.0.15, however you should be able to verify this in your Moodle site via the PHP info button on the Administration page.
In reply to Helen Foster

Restoring course: SCOs not displaying (they are being unzipped)

by Chris Douce -

Thanks for the tips Helen.  I'm using 1.5.2 (2005060220).  You're right about the Apache version: 1.3.7 is the one I'm using.  PHP (as found from the php info administration button in moodle) is 4.3.3.  MySQL on my install is, as you say, is 4.0.15.  I restore the backup zip as a completely new course.  There are a total of 38 sco's within the backed up course, no user data or other activities.

I have more information: it appears that the scos are being zipped.  Restoring creates a new directory in moodledata which in turn contains all my scos.  In a moddata/scorm data theres a numbered directory corresponding to sco - they are being unzipped.  I'm assuming this value is a primary key within a database (which one I have no idea).  So, the sco's are being unzipped.

This may be more to do with the SCORM forum - I'm not sure.  I can see the table of contents of a sco without any trouble at all.  Clicks on TOC nodes which call 'playsco' javascript is what is causing the earlier posted error to occur.

A final comment: The sco's unzipped in my numbered directory doesn't match what I see on the php querystring, i.e., ...playscorm.php?id=153 corresponds to an entirely different object in my moddata/scorm directory to one that I would expect.