Enroll me in this course button does not show

Enroll me in this course button does not show

by Douglas Atkinson -
Number of replies: 5

Hi,

I think I have followed all the steps to allow students to self-enroll.  However, if I go to my moodle site in either ie or firefox I do not see an button or link that says "Enroll me in this course".  On the bottom right hand of the course name there is an icon with a key. If you place the mouse over it then you get a popup that says "Self enrollment".  However, this is not clickable.  I am not sure if it should be or if it only notifies that this course allows self-enrollment.  If I click on the link to the course I am sent to a log in page but again there is not a button that says "Enroll me in this course".  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Doug

P.S. If it means anything, I am using Moodle 2.8.  I can attach screen shots if needed.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Douglas Atkinson

Re: Enroll me in this course button does not show

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Pretty sure you have to log in as a student first.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Douglas Atkinson -

But how can you log in as a student until you have enrolled as a student?

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Then you need self-registration enabled first.  You have to register with the site before you can enrol in a course.

by Robert Brenstein -
To show up in an SIS, one has to be enrolled in school and then use SIS to register for classes. Moodle is different. Think of logging into Moodle as entering a school building and enrolling in courses as entering classrooms in that building.