I'd be really appreciated if some of you good people could lend me a hand here.
I'm trying to get this editor to understand tags that it doesn't usually recognize (mostly in IE) such as <embed><object><lang>(Isn't really a tag)<math> etc...
Usually these tags get trashed like this <lang lang="fi">Suomea</lang> comes to <lang lang="fi">Suomea</lang />, and this is what I'm trying to get fixed.
Requirements for debugging:
ONLY IF YOU'RE HAVE TEST SITE DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER PUT THIS CODE INTO YOUR PRODUCTION SITE.
1. Ability to really clean browser cache. It's possible that you'll need third party software to do this (CCleaner etc), since IE's cache seem to be really sticky
2. To be able to reboot your webserver. If PHP compression is used it is possible that you'll need to reboot your web server.
3. Will to try it out more than once and with different kind of HTML code.
Information that is needful:
1. Browser brand and version.
2. Client OS and version.
3. Server OS and version.
4. PHP version.
3. HTML source used for testing.
So if you're willing to do debugging and testing copy attached htmlarea.php over to your old htmlarea.php and see how it does.
You can send results, comments or questions straight to my personal email with title "tag debugging" (or If you see me online in skype, call or chat)
Thanks in advance,
- Janne -