sticky login for fictional student

sticky login for fictional student

by Ron Sheely -
Number of replies: 0

Hi,

I am using Moodle 1.5.2 with a Windows XP Pro client and Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firebird. In order to test a new separate group course, I am logging in under multiple user accounts, my teacher (I am also admin) account plus several fictional student accounts -- made-up names with real yet unique email accounts. I have tried this using both single instances of IE, and multiple instances, each with unique account. One of my wiki resources is set up so the teacher can read/write, students read-only. I find it a great place to create teacher "space" for structured resources. When I log in as a fictional student, I can read wiki entrys. If I attempt to edit them as the fictional student, the edit tab disappears, as expected, I think. When I log out as the fictional student, and log in as me again, the teacher, I cannot edit any wiki entries that were tested by the fictional student -- the student is shown as still logged in for the pages in question. However, I am showed as logged in for other wiki pages untouched by the student. I am using Internet Explorer on the same computer for each session. I closed all instances of IE, and tried again. No luck, the student is still logged in. I repeated the experiment with Mozilla Firebird and was successful -- the student was not logged in. However, when I again repeated the test with IE, the student was still logged in. I restarted my computer, suspecting something "sticky" with IE, but restarting did not solve the problem, the student was still logged in.

Does anyone know what is happening here? How do I clear the "sticky" student login?

-Ron

Average of ratings: -