new to grades: how do i see them?

new to grades: how do i see them?

by Kerry Purnell -
Number of replies: 0

Hi,

How exactly do I see the grades in the grade book?  We are using Moodle 1.5 ( I think).  We have created an offline assignment.  I can input grades for students on taht asignements... but how does that transfer to the grade book?  What do I do?  I didn't know how to copy the screen in a smaller format (forgive me)- below is what we see when we open gradebook.  These are points... we have it set up to grade with letter grades.  what did we do wrong?  Or better yet... what do I do to do things right?

Right now we want to jsut have it simple:  one assignment... the final grade.  We want the professors to just have an assignemnt called final grade... and they actually will assign a letter grade (A, F, B+, etc).  Then we wnat that to appear in the gradebook so the student will see their final grade.  We aren't worried about all the assignements in between.. right now they are all offline, but not invovled with Moodle.... we just watnt o start working toward Moodle.. so plan to start simple.  How do I do this?  What does the screen below mean? 

Thanks alot!

ED 240E Foundations of Education
You are logged in as Kerry Purnell (Logout)
spacer.gif
Separate groups: All participants ED-12 ED-13 ED-14 ED-16 ED-17 ED-18
All grades by categoryGrade Help
Student
Sort by Lastname

Sort by Firstname
Uncategorised StatsTotal StatsStudent
Sort by Lastname

Sort by Firstname
points(185)points(185)
Sort by points descdendingSort by points ascending
Bradley, Nichole--Bradley, Nichole
Esch, Maria0Esch, Maria
Perez, Barbara--Perez, Barbara
Reynolds, Astrid--Reynolds, Astrid
Staas-Llarena, Juliana--Staas-Llarena, Juliana
user, test7777user, test
Woodson, Mitsha--Woodson, Mitsha

You are logged in as Kerry Purnell (Logout)