Looking to start a new store

Looking to start a new store

by Alastair Brian -
Number of replies: 6

Hi, I am looking to start a new store. Currently I have a store in PrestaShop, but now looking to build another with different CMS to extend my business.

I searched some open source CMSs, seen Moodle, taken the basic information from wikipedia but don't know deeper much about moodle, so anyone here can guide me further that how can I install Moodle i.e. which version is best.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alastair Brian

Re: Looking to start a new store

by Just H -

Moodle is for education not ecommerce so unless you are going to set up paid for courses you might have come to the wrong place.

When talking about Moodle as a CMS think Course Management System not Content Management System.

In reply to Just H

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Ha, ha, ha! Education is big business!

Visit "Moodle for Business Uses" https://moodle.org/course/view.php?id=32.
In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

by Just H -

I never said it wasn't; but I tend to reply in context to questions hence "unless you are going to set up paid for courses".

In reply to Just H

by Alastair Brian -

Thanks you so much for guiding about Moodle. Now I can better understand it in the context of CMS.

In reply to Alastair Brian

by john Simpson -

This isn't the first time I've seen this confusion. Throughout the website moodle is called a cms. Content management system alongside joomla, drupal and wordpress. And amongst many other things they do have setups for education courses.

But moodle is clearly an LMS, isn't it?

In reply to john Simpson

by Just H -

"But moodle is clearly an LMS, isn't it?"

Depends on the definition of LMS; a lot of people would say it's not. See here for why it's not so cut and dry (and why it looks like our decade old Moodle instance is about to be decommissioned sad)