Themes and themes folder in Moodle1.1.1

Themes and themes folder in Moodle1.1.1

by Stefano Franzato -
Number of replies: 4

Hello everybody,

I am Stefano, an Italian EFL teacher, I downloaded moodle 1.1. I have not got a server and meant to try moodle in localhost just to learn how to use it My platform in win 98 SE, PHP 4.3.3, MySql 4.0.14 Server KF web server a . I don't use AApache for win 32 because it doesn't work well; EasyPhp 1.6 doesn't work well: surprisingly it prevent wimysqladmin to load: it aborts its loading! Ad Yet I have so far been able to install porlas like PostNuke, e.xoops, xoops 2.0 easily without easyphp! They ran (andrun) all ruight!Anyway, as soon as I give:

http://localhost/moodle/admin/

these errors occur:

Warning: main(C:\Programmi\KeyFocus\KFWS\htdocs\moodle/theme/standard/config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Programmi\KeyFocus\KFWS\htdocs\moodle\lib\setup.php on line 113

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'C:\Programmi\KeyFocus\KFWS\htdocs\moodle/theme/standard/config.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;c:\php4\pear') in C:\Programmi\KeyFocus\KFWS\htdocs\moodle\lib\setup.php on line 113

Warning: print_header(C:\Programmi\KeyFocus\KFWS\htdocs\moodle/theme/standard/header.html): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Programmi\KeyFocus\KFWS\htdocs\moodle\lib\weblib.php on line 777

Warning: print_header(): Failed opening 'C:\Programmi\KeyFocus\KFWS\htdocs\moodle/theme/standard/header.html' for inclusion (include_path='.;c:\php4\pear') in C:\Programmi\KeyFocus\KFWS\htdocs\moodle\lib\weblib.php on line 777

Apart from the last lines which notify a PHP configuration error I realised that in package moodle 1.1.1 after unzipping it the folders moodle/px and moodle/themes are missing. Where can I found the pacage containing botjh of these folders so as to add the them in the moodle folder tree.

Or what else shall I do to get moodle working?

Kind regards

Stefano

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Stefano Franzato

Re: Themes and themes folder in Moodle1.1.1

by Ger Tielemans -

There is a new easyphp version 1.7, works fine for me on Windows2000. (I updated from easyphp1.6 ................

In 1.6 I had to restart Apache everytime when I did a fresh reboot.)

By the way, Moodle is one of the few apps that survided this upgrade without complaining about undefined.... (other survivors: xoops, tiki, twiki, webcalendar, myscrapbook but not Claroline elearning)

Critical settings in config of phpMyadmin were for me the http:

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['controlpass']   = '';            // access to the "mysql/user"
                                                                      // and "mysql/db" tables)
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type']     = 'http';       // Authentication method (config, http or cookie based)?
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['user']          = '';                // MySQL user
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password']      = '';           // MySQL password (only

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
"theme" and "pix" folder should definitely be in the download - you might want to download it again, or check more closely.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Stefano Franzato -

Hello everybody!,

I do not think I had downloaded  an incom'plete .zip file: most likely on trying to open it it would have given some kind of error to me. I then downloaded the .gz package and in it there were the folders (and the relative .php pages) which I had not found in the .zip package: /theme, /pix /userpix and other ones. I added them in my server tree and begin the installation process again. Everything has gone all right!: Notice: Without easyphp. Unless some accident later, at this point I am inclined to think that easyphp is unnecessary.

kind regards

Stefano 

by Charles Libby -
easyphp is just a method of setting up PHP and MYSQL and Apache. I have done it by setting each one up independently and it worked.