Help please !

Help please !

par test test,
Nombre de réponses : 9

Where can I find in the Moodle Application the code for selected text in the editor ?

To be precise and concise, I have selected a particular text in the editor. I want that portion to be bold and italicized. Where can I view the code for the selected text ( i.e. This portion is selected and this portion has to be bold, italicized etc...) ?

Moyenne des évaluations  -
En réponse à test test

Re: Help please !

par Jaime Alamo,
To be precise and concise, ... 

Really,  I don't know what you want.  Have you looked for the words bold and italic in the htmlarea.php file?

Ah!  Everybody else is also in a hurry.  Please,  be pacient next time and be more empatic.   To be polite,  you could reply your own post providing more information and details,  not yust copy&paste&send the very same lines. 
En réponse à Jaime Alamo

par test test,

The process happening out in the HTML editor is :

For the selected content in the editor  I can apply font family,size,style etc...

But I need a bit extension / modification to it...

For e.g.

Right now with the editor I am able to apply font sizes from 1 to 7 to the editor but I want a bit extension to it.

I want to apply 8, 8.5, 9, 9.5 etc.. in pixels for the selected text in the editor.

So I want to change in the font size drop down of the editor to appear like :

8px

8.5px

9px

9.5px

10px

and so on and correspondingly the font sizes in pixels should be applied to the text..

En réponse à test test

par Jaime Alamo,
Look for the word fontsize in the htmlarea.php file.  You will find there that numbers from 1 to 7 correspond to
        "1 (8 pt)":  "1",
        "2 (10 pt)": "2",
        "3 (12 pt)": "3",
        "4 (14 pt)": "4",
        "5 (18 pt)": "5",
        "6 (24 pt)": "6",
        "7 (36 pt)": "7"

good luck!

En réponse à Jaime Alamo

par test test,

With those options font size can be set only from 1 to 7 only i.e. 8, 10, 12, 14, 18, 24 and 36 points or pixels only.

But I want to apply font size say 8px, 8.5px, 9px, 9.5px, 10px, 10.5px and so on....

How to customize this ....

En réponse à test test

par Jaime Alamo,
I'm afraid yours is not an htmlArea problem,  but  one related to the specifications of an html page,  i.e. <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C// ...

In other words,   insert in a simple page :
Have you looked for the words <font size="12">bold</font><font size="1">bold</font><font size="2">bold</font><font size="3">bold</font><font size="4">bold</font><font size="5">bold</font><font size="6">bold</font><font size="7">bold</font><font size="8">bold</font><font size="8.5">bold</font><font size="9">bold</font><font size="10">bold</font><font size="11">bold</font><font size="12">bold</font>

and see what displays your browser
En réponse à Jaime Alamo

par test test,

I am not that familiar with doctypes. Can u help me out ?

Where and what to declare in DocTypes ?

What should be the format and in which file I have to declare it ?

En réponse à test test

par Jaime Alamo,
With your browser, the one you are seen this, select  "View - page source" or something similar and  read the first line.

En réponse à Jaime Alamo

par test test,

I think it's not possible to have something like

<font size="8.5px">

it should be

<font style="font-size:8.5px">

So I just want to insert the tag <font style="font-size:8.5px"> immediately after font size is selected ...

En réponse à test test

par test test,

Can I have

8 px

8.5 px

9 px

9.5 px

10 px

10.5 px

11 px

12 px

13 px .............etc..

in place of

1 (8 pt)

2 (10 pt)

3 (12 pt)

4 (14 pt)

5 (18 pt)

6 (24 pt)

7 (36 pt)

in the font size drop down of the HTML Editor ?