New messages and help files for HotPot v2.1

New messages and help files for HotPot v2.1

by Gordon Bateson -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

"head's up" all Moodle translators smile

Please be advised that I have recently updated the HotPot messages file, "lang/en/hotpot.php", and HotPot help folder, "lang/en/help/hotpot/" with the additional messages and explanations required for the latest version fo the HotPot module, "HotPot v2.1".

The messages file contains quite a few new messages and there are five new help files too.

You can download the new files from the "HEAD" branch of the CVS (I think smile)

many thanks for all your wonderful work!
Gordon Bateson
(current lead-developer for the HotPot module)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gordon Bateson

Re: New messages and help files for HotPot v2.1

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Just as a note ... if you have changed (rewritten) any of the files (substantially enough so that they would not be useful to people using the older version of Hotpot module) then you should make sure you also change the filename by incrementing a suffix number). 

eg keep mediaplayers.html and add a new mediaplayers2.html.

This ensures that language packs work with all versions of Moodle.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

Re: New messages and help files for HotPot v2.1

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Thanks Martin, I'll remember that tip.

This time round, the changes to the pre-existing help files are not so major. It's mainly the messages file and the five new help files which will need working on.