styles of learning

styles of learning

by Vladimir Sarovic -
Number of replies: 10

Can I make a dataform with answers a, b, c and if a student has a maximum response a) this is one style, answer b) other style and responses c) The third type of style.

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Vladimir Sarovic

Re: styles of learning

by Itamar Tzadok -

See https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=270973. Is this what you are looking for? smile

In reply to Itamar Tzadok

by Vladimir Sarovic -
I will try,if I found some problem can I ask you.

Do you have some tutorial about that.

Thanks in advance

by Itamar Tzadok -

Feel free to post any Dataform question in this forum. smile

by Vladimir Sarovic -

Can I with dataform do some similiar test like this .

by Itamar Tzadok -

Very likely. It really depends on how you want to use it. For instance, you can create a dataform where the entry form will display all the questions and the user will be required to select the answers. Then in a summary view they can see total scores of (a) options, (b) options and (c) options, and the descriptions of the learning styles and refer to the learning style that correlates with their scores. smile

by Vladimir Sarovic -

Thanks , I am going to try now

by Vladimir Sarovic -

I thought that I can do this alone but I have problem.

Can you tell me how to add question and answer to dataform and how to make sum of answer a, answer b etc

by Itamar Tzadok -
For a question you can use the radio button field. If you want to make the field required in the entry form you can add * to the field patter. For example:
[ [*Q1]]
where Q1 is the field name (redundant space between brackets should be removed).
You need to create a field for each question and add the respective options. See if you can work this out. While experimenting don't add all questions. Try first to build the activity as with only 2 questions.

smile

by Hartmut Scherer -

Hi Vladimir,

I prepared a preset for a Dataform activity with 1 category, 16 questions and 3 options. You can download the preset HERE. I also attached Itamar's tutorial for a very similar Dataform activity so that you can see how the activity developed. You get more details in the forum discussion "Can a Dataform activity be set up to give feedback related to category total?"

Start a new Dataform activity, upload the preset into this activity and apply the preset. In 'Fields' you need to add all the answer options to your questions. Then, open the Grid view (click on the wheel), add the questions and save.

When you go to 'Browse,' you will see the button 'Add a new entry.' Click on this button and check how the 'Styles of Learning' work.

With kind regards,

Hartmut

In reply to Hartmut Scherer

by Vladimir Sarovic -

I am afraid that I will need some another plugin for making this kind of question about learning style