Is there a report in Moodle 2.5 for finding only the users with overridden grades?

Is there a report in Moodle 2.5 for finding only the users with overridden grades?

by Andrew Leer -
Number of replies: 4

In reply to Andrew Leer

Re: Is there a report in Moodle 2.5 for finding only the users with overridden grades?

by Keith C -

Andrew google Moodle grade overrides and you will find in that mess a query to correct the grade override issue.  I really can't believe they haven't addressed this don't want to get into it! 

I personally solved the problem with my workflow.  All my created assignments go into 'ungraded items' which is set as a 0 weighting on the final grade calculations.  I then move the items into the proper category once I have graded it....so I never override a grade any more to put a zero in for a student.

In reply to Andrew Leer

Re: Is there a report in Moodle 2.5 for finding only the users with overridden grades?

by Susan Mangan -

Re: "Is there a report in Moodle 2.5 for finding only the users with overridden grades?"

This would be VERY useful to be included in the gradebook reports - we get grade challenges from time to time and often just requests from instructors trying to figure out why some students grades just don't add up.  Often, the cause of the discrepancy is due to an instructor inadvertently overriding a calculated field.

In reply to Susan Mangan

by Doug Hewett -

Using the Admin Reporting utility, the select statement below identifies each student that has an overridden grade in either a total or category column.  While it may be possible to alter this query to identify each grade item, the category and total calculations are generally where the issues arise.  Our course shortnames include our term and so that is what this query selects from.  The report identifies the student, class, and teacher (along with their email address) so that the report can be used as a communication vehicle to the teachers that these items are being affected from calculating properly.

select mgi.itemtype, mgc.fullname, mu.username as stu_username, mu.firstname as stu_firstname, mu.lastname as stu_lastname, mc.shortname, mc.id as CourseID, mgg.finalgrade, mu2.firstname as tch_firstname, mu2.lastname as tch_lastname, mu2.email as tch_email
from mdl_grade_grades as mgg, mdl_user as mu, mdl_grade_items as mgi, mdl_course as mc, mdl_course_categories as mcc, mdl_grade_categories as mgc, mdl_context as mctxt, mdl_role_assignments as mra, mdl_user as mu2
where mgc.id = mgi.iteminstance and
mu.id = mgg.userid and
mgg.itemid = mgi.id and
mgi.courseid = mc.id and
mc.category = mcc.id and
mgg.overridden <> 0 and
mc.shortname like 'SP2015%' AND
mcc.path Like '/4%' and
(mgi.itemtype='category'
or mgi.itemtype='course') and
mc.id = mctxt.instanceid and
mctxt.id = mra.contextid and