Firefox IDN fix and editor issues

Firefox IDN fix and editor issues

wót Robert Simonette -
Anzahl Antworten: 6
Seemingly out of nowhere the HTML editor quit working in Firefox (v. 1.0.6) but still works in IE. I scratched my head for a while trying to figure out why and the only thing that I can think of is the fact that I just applied the IDN buffer overflow fix ti FF.

Has anyone know if the IDN fix will cause a problem with the editor?
Als Antwort auf Robert Simonette

Re: Firefox IDN fix and editor issues

wót Janne Mikkonen -
Get latest moodlelib.php (ver. 1.5 stable) from CVS where this problem is fixed.

- Janne -
Als Antwort auf Janne Mikkonen

wót Paul Taylor -
I just downloaded the moodlelib.php file from the cvs site (moodlelib.php,v 1.565.2.39 2005/09/13 11:49:40 julmis) and uploaded it to my Moodle installation but there is still no more than a blank pad when I go to edit any files. Any other suggestions?

wót Robert Simonette -
We downloaded the new file and installed it but I still do not see the editor. The editor works on my other systems that do not have the IDN fix, and in IE (but I hate to have to use IE).

Anyway, we re-started the Web server but that dod not work either, do we have to re-boot the system or do something else?
Als Antwort auf Robert Simonette

wót Janne Mikkonen -
What is your server platform (win or *nix apache or IIS) and what PHP version do you use?

You can also try this (no guarantees it helps):

open /lib/moodlelib.php and find check_browser_version function where you can find lines (approx 5079 - 5084):

// the proper string - Gecko/CCYYMMDD Vendor/Version
// Faster version and work-a-round No IDN problem.
if (preg_match("/Gecko\/([0-9]+)/i", $agent, $match)) {
if ($match[1] > $version) {
return true;
}
}

Change $match[1] to intval($match[1]) :

// the proper string - Gecko/CCYYMMDD Vendor/Version
// Faster version and work-a-round No IDN problem.
if (preg_match("/Gecko\/([0-9]+)/i", $agent, $match)) {
if (intval($match[1]) > $version) {
return true;
}
}

- Janne -

wót Robert Simonette -
Thanks all, my editor is back! I got the idea to go back into the Firefox configuration file and change the value of the network.enableIDN filter to true. I tried this before the update of moodlelib.php with no success, but this time it worked.

For anyone else with this issue, after installing the new php file open Firefox and type about:config in the address bar and press enter. Then in the Filter toolbar type network.enableIDN, then right click on the network.enableIDN item and select toggle to change the value to true. Restart Firefox.

Bob