Browse by Author Restrictions

Browse by Author Restrictions

napisao/la Doug Moody -
Number of replies: 1

Hi,

In the glossary we are using in our courses, I want my students to be able to print just their own glossary entries. 

But when they browse by author, and say, their last name is "Jones", they will see all the authors whose last names start with "J" besides just themselves.

Is it possible to restrict the browsing by author so that they would be able to see ONLY their own glossary entries?

If not, then is it possible to only PRINT just their own entries.?

My goal is to have students print a vocabulary study guide that they themselves created. This will allow students to, in a sense, create vocabulary and/or other types of study notes that belong only to them, and if needed, to share their notes with other students who have other notes. In that way, the entire class can collaborate, but they can also have their own private notes.

I thought of using the database, but its print function is poor, only being able to export as Excel or ODS files. The glossary print function is much more robust.

Thanks.

Prosjek ocjena: -
In reply to Doug Moody

Re: Browse by Author Restrictions

napisao/la Andy Chaplin -

I'm pretty sure there is no way of doing this out of the box, or even with a plugin.  you should be able to do it with a MySQL query script.  I'm no expert at it, but using trial and (a lot of) error, I've cobbled together a few scripts to query unusual stuff.

This might be a starting point for you.