Collapsed Topics, error in Moodle Mobile (official app android)

Collapsed Topics, error in Moodle Mobile (official app android)

by Juan Pablo L -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,

When I choose in Collapsed Topics 'Set structure': 'Topic' the App works without problems.

When I choose 'Week', 'Current Week First', 'Current Topic First' see the error in the app:

'Invalid response value detected'

• Course format and version:  Collapsed Topics 2.8.2.1 (2015012700)
  • Moodle version: 2.8.3 (Build: 20150202)
  • Theme: Essential 2.8.1 (Build: 2014124000)
  • Apps: Moodle Mobile 1.12

Attached image of the error

Thank you

Attachment screenshot.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Juan Pablo L

Re: Collapsed Topics, error in Moodle Mobile (official app android)

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Thanks for the report and details Juan,

I'll look into the 'span' solution you suggested (messaged me).  But I'm curious as to why the Weekly format is correct given: https://github.com/moodle/moodle/blob/master/course/format/weeks/lib.php#L70

Kind regards,

Gareth

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Juan,

I cannot replicate the error.  Please see attached.  Strangely the 'Current Week First' as no effect on the Mobile - so must be something to do with the rendering code there - I do not know anything about that.

Kind regards,

Gareth

Attachment photo (16).PNG
Attachment photo (17).PNG
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Gareth J Barnard -

P.S. I don't have an Android device to test on.  And to do so would mean installing a copy of the OS on VirtualBox etc. - would take me lots of time.  Thus if the iOS version is ok, then possibly there is a bug in the Android version - so worth checking the core 'Weekly' format for the same issue.

But this would be separate to the theme issue with Andriod: https://github.com/gjb2048/moodle-theme_essential/issues/465 which is a browser thing - possibly.