Reset Database Root Password

Reset Database Root Password

by Neal Tait -
Number of replies: 2

Hi 

I am looking to reset the root password for the MySQL instance the my Moodle installation is using, i think the moodle instance has been set up to use the root password but would like to confirm this.

Can anyone direct me where to find out where user which moodle uses to write and read from the Database is stored?

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Neal Tait

Re: Reset Database Root Password

by Jon Witts -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

That information is saved in the config.php file in the root of your Moodle website files.

Jon

In reply to Jon Witts

Re: Reset Database Root Password

by Neal Tait -

Thanks for the quick reply Jon, will take a look in the file.

The person who set up the website used XAMPP and it is now in a production environment for some crazy reason, and has been for quite some time.

i'm looking to set up a new environment for it using Apache, MySQL and PHP as individual applications/services and use Moodle installer 28 after which i will migrate the old database over to the new environment; I'm trying to take steps to make the resource fit and proper for the environment it is being used in. Do you think this sounds feasible? Any pointers to reading material which would help would be gratefully received as outwith using it a number of year ago in further education i'm new to the server side configuration of it!