gradebook does not show groupselector

gradebook does not show groupselector

by Bart Van Leeuwen -
Number of replies: 8

I have a course with groups. The couse has a quiz on which the students must submit a document with the answers.

When I select the gradebook, I only see the selection of the first group, but the groupselector is not visible.

In the css it appears that the class groupselector gets the property display: none.

To my opinion this property should not be set. I really cannot find in the documentation (and in the coding) where this property is changed, beause in my theme it is set to display: inline-block

Please help.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bart Van Leeuwen

Groupselector set to display: none

by Bart Van Leeuwen -

Somewhere (JS-code?) the groupselector gets the property display: none.

It is caused because my theme was not set up correctrly. But how is it possible that some other codes blanks out my css-settings? I at least expect a warning or a message.

Re: Groupselector set to display: none

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Just moving to the Themes forum as you say it was a themes issue..

Re: Groupselector set to display: none

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

If you turn theme designer mode on and then use a tool like firebug or chrome developer tools it should tell you exactly where the css code is coming from and what is overriding what

Re: gradebook does not show groupselector

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

What version of Moodle are you using?

I only ask as the gradebook has undergone some big changes in version 2.6 onwards and more recently with 2.8. If you are using an older version 2.3, 2.4 or 2.5 then I am not sure what could be casuing this.

Also can you please tell me which parent theme is your custom theme based on?

Is it...

1. bootstrapbase
    or
  2. base

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Bart Van Leeuwen -

Using moodle 2.8

Parent thme is bootstrapbase

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Bart,

Trying to solve this problem for you with nothing much to go on is very difficult without the theme, but I do appreciate your concerns that themes can disrupt Moodle behaviour.

Have you resolved this issue yet? I checked and there is nothing in Bootstrapbase that uses "display: none" in relation to groupselector, so it must be something associated with your theme.  Have you discovered yet how it was being added? You thought it might be with JavaScript?

Where did you get the theme?  Is it one from the Moodle plugins directory?

Thanks

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Bart Van Leeuwen -

Hi Mary

In our company we had version 2.6 and used the clean-theme. In this version someone altered the css code.

In order to migrate properly to 2.8 I changed the name of the altered clean theme to DAPL (with an extensive change of the text 'clean' to 'dapl' in all the components). This DAPL theme worked OK in versie 2.6 and also in 2.8.

The only issue we found till so far was that the groupselector got css attributes I dit not expect.

==

I solved my problem by taking the clean theme of version 2.8, and making my own DAPL theme again.

I found out that the transition from 2.6 to 2.8 changed some .php members in the clean-theme.

But I am still curious how the Moodle installation can alter css-properties of classes. [I think it is done in the JS-configuration somewhere and this does not make me very happy]

Bart

PS: I tried to add a ZIP file of my theme but the file is too lage (anyway it is just a copy of the 2.6 clean theme with some extra css, pictures and fonts)

by Mary Evans -

Hi Bart, 

Thank you for explaining.

It depends on the extent of the changes to the CSS you are seeing. Can you give me a 'before' and 'after' example? It could well be that it is JS that is changing it, but then it could be to do with some conditional settings in a theme.

Cheers

Mary