Manual Enrolments "Enrol Users" link

Manual Enrolments "Enrol Users" link

by Michael Hughes -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

We have had a user confused by the Enrol Users link for manual enrolments plugin on the Enrolment Methods page.

This icon goes to the "old"/non-javascript (two side by side listbox) implementation for doing role assignments (/enrol/manual/manage.php)

This is different from the "new" implementation as implemented in the "Enrolled Users" option (/enrol/users.php). 

I've raised this as a issue on the tracker (https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-48810) arguing that this inconsistent and that for the sake of consistency the "new" enrolment implementation should be used.

There is the argument that some users prefer the "old" interface, but this is offered to them unless:

• they disable Javascript
  • know that the Manual enrolment method link on the enrolment methods takes them there

This issue has been suggested to get user feedback about its, so...

My gut feeling is that the "new" implementation should be consistently applied as the "primary" interface, with the old one retained *only* for non-javascript support (which seems a more arguable suggestion nowadays) or dropped completely.

Alternatively there could be an option to explicitly select which version a user / site wants to mandate.

I do think that the arbitrary retention of the mix of the two based on the route you take *shouldn't* be retained...

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Michael Hughes

Re: Manual Enrolments "Enrol Users" link

by Agostino Fanti -

I agree with you, Michael.

I'm a bit confused I cannot understand how and why the interface changes.

I voted for the issue

ciao

Agostino.