SCORM

AICC or SCORM?

Picture of simone giannoni
AICC or SCORM?

Hi to all!

I've found within this forum that:

"The SCORM module is now fully conformant with the SCORM 1.2 standard and AICC packages can now be imported."

I have tried to import an AICC module (standard AICC, that works with many commercial platform), but Moodle told me:

"Validation result: Manifest not found"

This is strange because AICC format doesn't make use of manifest (am I right?), but a few descriptor files (with extensions au, des, cst, crs) that describe the course structure.

I've tried also an AICC (apparently) course downloaded from SumTotal that works but, if I've a look inside the zip, I don't find any structure file and there is a manifest.

Wich is the right format for AICC package: the one with the descriptor files or instead the one with the manifest?

Will Moodle accept in the future the format with descriptors?

Thanks

Simone

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Jason Cashel
Re: AICC or SCORM?

Hi Simone,
Not sure what version you are running but I have uploaded an AICC package that contains only au, des, cst and crs descriptor files. I am running version 1.5.2 on windows.

I created the package with winzip, the descriptor files existed at the root level.

Jason

Picture of Sam S

Hi Jason,

Would it be possible if you can test an AICC package? I want to see if Moodle will support these AICC files.

Thanks,

Sam S

Picture of Jason Cashel

Hi Sam,
Apologies for the delay.

Your ackage didn't work for me, but it did have a zip in a zip and the course definition files were for at the root level of the zip.

Have a look at the zip I posted in this thread:
http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=33375
For the correct structure of a zip file.

zip.gif moodletest.zip
... on the top right of the third post, it loads correctly but has no communication.

Jason