Fill empty space on front page

Fill empty space on front page

by John Wagner -
Number of replies: 3

Hello 

I am trying to format my front page. I'm using a custom theme based on "clean" 

Moodle version Moodle2.7.5

I have a big empty space which I wish to fill. Really I just want the Course name, image and description to be left aligned all the way.  I don't want teachers names displayed, but it seems that the space where teachers names would be is still there.

See the image below. 

I have played around with the CSS, but I just can't get rid of this big empty space.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thank you

The CSS is:

input[type="number"] {

width:70px; height:30px;

border:0px ; 

text-align:left;

font-size:16px;

margin:0px;

background:#999999;

float:center;}

.coursebox .content.summary {

width: 100%;

float: left;

}

.coursebox .name {

margin: 0 0 15px;

}

.coursebox .info {

float: left;

text-align:left;

width: 80%;

padding:5px;

}

.coursebox .teachers {

display: none;

}

my front page looks like this

Average of ratings: -
In reply to John Wagner

Re: Fill empty space on front page

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

You could try adding the same CSS as this which is how I styled it in Afterburner...

https://github.com/moodle/moodle/blob/MOODLE_26_STABLE/theme/afterburner/style/afterburner_styles.css#L233-L253

cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by John Wagner -

Hi Mary

Thank you, that worked. 

I'm not sure exactly what part of your code had the desired effect as I'm new to CSS. But that was really bugging me so many thanks.

John

In reply to John Wagner

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi, all it does is shifts stuff around, based on how the containers are positioned. The container which was empty took up just less than half the available space, so all the css did was make all the container widths100% so that thay can stack one above the other. 

Glad it worked. 

Cheers

Cheers

Mary