can teacher change the course format?...

can teacher change the course format?...

by Miki Alliel -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Translators

from what I understand in moodle I manage to change as administrator the course format' and as I enter as a teacher I can't change it

is there a way that I can permit or allow my teachers to change their own course look (format) as the want?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Miki Alliel

Re: can teacher change the course format?...

by Tony Delahunty -

Normally this is the case that Teachers in a course can go to Administration--> Cettings --> Edit course settings, and switch the format.   [Unless I am misunderstanding your question, or unless we have changed a setting that I can't remember and so have a nonstandard setup...]

In reply to Miki Alliel

Re: can teacher change the course format?...

by A. T. Wyatt -
I hope I am reading your question properly.

The administrator must allow user themes, course themes, and block hiding.  These settings are in the configuration link for admins, click "variables", then look under the first section which is "interface".  They allow teachers and students to manage themes and open/close blocks on their courses.  We set all of ours to "yes".

If a course theme is set by the instructor (as instructor, look for the settings link in your administration block, and forcethemes is close to the bottom), then any user themes are overridden.  User themes are set from the users profile.  The themes have graphics, colors, and fonts defined within them.  They change the appearance of your course quite a bit!

The course formats have to do more with the structure of your course, and you may select weekly, topics, and social.  As an instructor, you may change those if you go into your course and choose the settings link in the administration panel.  I have found that going back and forth between weekly and topics is easy, but not so easy between social and the other types.  There is another format that you can install that works with tabs, but it is not part of the standard moodle code at this time, so we haven't used it.

To see the weekly, social, and tabbed course formats, follow this link and login as a "guest" when you see the button.
  http://playpen.monte.nsw.edu.au/course/category.php?id=4113

Hope that helps,
atw