Activate Course Completion AFTER course has started

Activate Course Completion AFTER course has started

by Barbara S. -
Number of replies: 3

Current situation:

Moodle 2.3

I woud like to set up a global/generic SQL report to track course completion in various courses. Course completion as setting hasn't been used so far.

Is it basically possible to activate that functionality, even when quiz attempts have been submitted by users alreay?

I did the following (but it was not satisfying so far):

- Defined a minimum number of points to pass the test in the gradebook (This works. Score is displayed in green where sufficient and displayed in red where insufficient.)

- Activated course completion as well as activity completion. Set up the condition for course completion (= taking the quiz)

- Re-calculation several times

Problem: The tick stays black even if the user has not achieved the minimum score to pass the test. As a consequence the course appears as completed. It seems that the condition 'minimal score' in the gradebook ist not being considered. Also for new users which do the test for the first time, the course appears as completed as soon as they have ANY score in the test. The amount of points is not considered.

I was able to set it up in a complete new course (green tick, red cross appear) but not in this running course.

Is this behavior of not taking into account the condition in the gradebook expected ? If no, how can I figure out, what I have to change?

Any thougths on this?

Thanks! smile

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Barbara S.

Re: Activate Course Completion AFTER course has started

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I think you can turn on course completion at any time.  As for past students, I'm not sure, but you'd need to make sure the cron job had run before you checked.

In reply to Barbara S.

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Did you check the box for Require Passing Grade in the Quiz completion settings?

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Barbara S. -

Dear both

thanks for replying! smile

You have motivated me to work again on the issue. I was able to figure out the missing piece: I did not set 'points' to visible in the report option in the quiz settings.

Thanks again, B