Quiz review blank

Quiz review blank

by Chris Maughan -
Number of replies: 5

I am running Moodle 2.6 and I have a problem with reviewing an attempt on a quiz.

The attempt for one student is showing as finished and the tutor got an email with the link, but the link does not work and when I try to access the attempt through grades it just opens a blank page.

I have turned on debugging for developers and there is no error message.

Grateful for some help.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chris Maughan

Re: Quiz review blank

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

To options to explain this:

1. Someone deleted the student's attempt, using the control in the quiz reports.
  2. There is something weird with the permissions setup, so this user only previewed the attempt, rather than attempting it for real. To see if that was the case, go to Quiz administration -> Check permisisons, for the user in question, and attach a screen-grab here.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Chris Maughan -

I have checked the permissions for the user and there does not appear to be anything wrong.

By blank screen I mean totally blank, all I get is a white page, so its not like the review opens but there are no answers, I am just presented with a white page.

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Oh, I see. In that case an error is happening. Turn on Debugging, and you should get an error message that gives more information.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Chris Maughan -

The error message i get is:

Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 75497472) (tried to allocate 6848434 bytes) in /homepages/9/d517133489/htdocs/clickandbuilds/Moodle/WCSMMoodle/cache/classes/helper.php on line 535

by Tim Hunt -

That is not a helpful error. Obviously somethign about that attempt uses more memory than the others, but the error message does not give us much clue about what that is. sad

If you want to try to debug this further, you would probably need to do something like run this query https://docs.moodle.org/dev/Overview_of_the_Moodle_question_engine#Detailed_data_about_an_attempt for the attempt in question.

Or, you could try telling us which version of Moodle you are using, and which question types are used in that quiz.