after many months work, I am pleased to announce that version 2.1 of the HotPot module is making good progress and I would like to ask for your assistance in testing it.
Before I go any further, I must urge you NOT to download and run this new version on a live Moodle site. Not yet anyway. All the features have not been added and those that have been added need more testing. So please only download version 2.1 if you intend to try it on a Moodle site that is used only for testing.
The download link to the new version of the HotPot module is at the bottom of the following page:
I am very grateful to many people for supporting me in my efforts to develop the module. Besides my wonderful family, who were, as usual, "wonderful", I would particularly like to say a big public thank you to ...
- Paul Allum
- Josep Fontana
- Glenys Hanson
There are many new features in the latest version:
- speed improvements
- standardized collection of data across all quiz types
- wrong tries at JMatch, JMix and JCross are recorded
- results of "unfinished" quizzes are recorded
- two kinds of Hot Potatoes-ish quizzes by Michael Rottmeier (Drop-down and Find-It) added
- add and update "chains" of HotPot activities
- a click trail report
- "sticky" settings when you add a HotPot activity or view a report
- better horizontal alignment of attempts on the Overview and Simple reports
- automatically add a "feedback link" to quizzes so that students can easily send a message to the teacher during the quiz
- pick up the name and summary of the quiz from the quiz's source file
- allow no open date, or no close date for a quiz
- specify an encoding for Excel reports (useful for multibyte languages)
As always, if you have any questions and comments about the HotPot module, please post a note on this forum or write to me directly.
If a particular quiz is behaving unexpectedly, you are welcome to send the file directly to me at the following email address:
gordon at-sign kanazawa hyphen dot ga dot ac
all the best