Can't backup course with no students, resolved by adding

Can't backup course with no students, resolved by adding

by Timothy Takemoto -
Number of replies: 1
I was thinking of updating moodle and since I have some two byte problems with Mysql Admin, I decided to backup all my courses, since they are the important part.

For some unknown reason I could not backup a different course, with no mention of a glossary on it. I got the Moodle equivalent of the blue screen of death: "An error has ocurred" after "Output of User data"

I had a look and saw that there were no users in this course. Adding one user enabled me to backup the course. I seem to remember something that did not work when there are no students in a course. It may have been this. But anyway, if anyone else is developing a course for the future and wants to back it up but can't - try adding a user.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Timothy Takemoto

Re: Can't backup course with no students, resolved by adding

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi, Timothy..

Great comment and tip !!

Anyway, for information purposes, that issue (be able to backup/restore courses without users) was solved some days ago (10/07) in Moodle 1.2dev, so it shouldn't be a problem in next releases.

Ciao, Eloy smile