WebCT MCQ question import problem

WebCT MCQ question import problem

av Dan Stowell -
Antall svar: 4
Hi - the attached very basic example, exported from WebCT Campus Edition 4, won't import correctly into our Moodle. Moodle outputs the following:

Importing 2 questions

1. What is a cell?

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /...censored.../moodle/mod/quiz/questiontypes/match/questiontype.php on line 28
This type of question requires at least 3 answers

When I press continue I find there is a single question created with no answers. Can anyone help spot what's going wrong?

Thanks
Dan

Gjennomsnittlig vurdering: -
Som svar til Dan Stowell

Re: WebCT MCQ question import problem

av Terri Bateman -
I am having the same problem.
It appears that my T/F questions are being imported as match questions (Although I notice that my text file calls them multiple choice).
I tried changing MC to TF in the WebCT text file but that was not supported and the questions were ignored.
Have you figured this one out yet Dan?
Terri

Som svar til Terri Bateman

Only MC and Short Answer are supported by WebCT Import

av m e -
from the MOODLE Help file

Importing "WebCT Quiz Format" files

The WebCT import filter is in development and does not support all of the WebCT question types.

At the time of writing this, only Multiple Choice and Short answer questions are supported.

Som svar til m e

Re: Only MC and Short Answer are supported by WebCT Import

av Dan Stowell -
My example was a Multiple Choice, so it should have been able to import...

No, I'm afraid I have found no fix.

Best
Dan
Som svar til Dan Stowell

Re: Only MC and Short Answer are supported by WebCT Import

av Deb Burdick-Hinton -
Hello Dan-
Did you find a solution yet.
I have exported several WebCT quizzes and the only difference I can see between my script and yours is that my "type" line looks like this:
:TYPE:MC:1:0:C

I have no clue what the ":1:0:C" is for and it is probably unrelated to your problem but you never know.

I am fighting new WebCT import battle.  Moodle decided to stop including feedback on all my imports and it was just working fine ....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... has that every happened to you...and if so...did you find a solution! 

Good Luck!