Moodle front page disturbed in browser

Moodle front page disturbed in browser

by Farrukh Ikram -
Number of replies: 4

Hi,

I have installed 'Moodle' on Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Standard edition, by following the instructions in 'Docs' folder, i have installed the 'Easyphp' and MySQL & PhP are working fine in my server, databases set up successfully and i have developed the courses and assigned teachers also. It means that moodle is working 100% fine on my "Server".

When i try to access it from a client on my local area network the front page of moodle is appearing in a bad condition, every portion mixed up and no graphics being shown at all, here i would like to mention that GD library in server was not installed previously, but from the FAQs section, i found a solution to remove ';' in php.ini file from the line " ;php_gd2.dll" and then restarted apache, when i logged back in, everything was OK and working fine on Server. But on client, still i can see the same problem.

Explanation is enough ? now could anyone please find me a solution as i really need to start moodle on a very large scale in my organization. (minimum 500 users).

Regards,

Farrukh Ikram (Saudi Arabia)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Farrukh Ikram

Re: Moodle front page disturbed in browser

by Bill Burgos -
Hi,

It might be the browser on the client machine. Can you confirm the browser and the OS of the client?

If it is Intrnet Explorer on a Mac, then you will have problems rendering the page. It is a bad browser, abandonded quite some time ago by Microsoft.

Using Firefox is recommended.

In reply to Bill Burgos

by Farrukh Ikram -

Hi Mr. Bill,

First of all thanks for replying smile. Actually i am using Windows Server 2003 and the workstations are loaded with Windows XP Professional (Service Pack 1) and the Browser i am using is "Microsoft Internet Explorer", actually we are permitted to use IE only, i have checked all the possible reasons in IE, i.e, cookies, etc. and i've put the security level also to low (minimum possible), accepting all cookies.

Hope we can find a good solution quickly smile.

Regards,

Farrukh

In reply to Farrukh Ikram

by Bill Burgos -
Hi Farrukh,

The only thing that comes to mind are the settings in config.php. If they are O.K. for your server and not O.K. for the connecting browsers, then perhaps the paths are not correct or the connecting computers may not know how to connect correctly.

Lacking any details about your Internal network, I would think that you should confirm that the other computers can connect with the server and perhaps check with the server logs as they attempt to connect with the Moodle installation.

If you can post the contents of config.php WITHOUT the database details (name and password), maybe our collective eyes can get a better idea of what is going on.

Also, perhaps a screenshot of the problem might help.

In reply to Bill Burgos

by Farrukh Ikram -

Dear Mr. Bill,

I doubted on the file permissions, and when i changed them, it started working, that's all. Many Many thanks for your replies and consideration smile.

Regards,

Farrukh Ikram.