"Add Resource" dropdown menus gone?

"Add Resource" dropdown menus gone?

by Kelly Parker -
Number of replies: 2
Just upgraded to 1.5.2+, and everything apparently went smoothly. Added a new course and changed some settings with no problem, but I am not getting the drop-down menu to add a resource to my "Activities" section. (My copy of the help documentation says "pop-up menu" but I recall it as a drop-down menu on the page itself.)

This is on a Linux system. I have checked file & directory permissions, have tried editing both as administrator and as course instructor, and, yes, I've even made sure to "Turn editing on." Have tried from both Mozilla and Firefox on Linux, and from IE on a Windows machine (thinking it was a browser problem).

I've been using Moodle for several years and have not encountered this problem before. Since this coincided with the upgrade I'm assuming it is an installation problem but I've run out of guesses about the likely cause--any ideas why the dropdown menus would not appear?

kp
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kelly Parker

Re: "Add Resource" dropdown menus gone?

by Mark Stevens -
Hi,

Do you mean the "Activities" block?  The "Activities" block does not have drop-down or pop-up menus... Use the "Main Menu" on the front page or an HTML block or the Topic section.
In reply to Mark Stevens

Re: "Add Resource" dropdown menus gone?

by Kelly Parker -
Doh! I meant to be adding items to the "Social Activities" block, which I had oh-so-efficiently deleted to keep the front page uncluttered. Thanks for pointing me to the right problem.

kp