Messages from administrator

Messages from administrator

by Mª Victoria Hernández -
Number of replies: 2

I would like to know if the messages that the administrator must send to new pupils could be automatic.

For example, when a user enrol in a course and the course has a password, the administrator must send the user a message that he must write with an external mail server, and then send it to the user. Why don't send them through moodle?

I think my english is not very good, can you forgive me?

Thank you

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mª Victoria Hernández

Re: Messages from administrator

by Lev Abramov -

An excellent question!

I would like to rephrase it a bit:

In "Authentication by e-mail" authentication mode, it would be desirable to configure Moodle so as to enable it to send automatic messages containing the username/password combination to the new registrant. Naturally, a function would be involved that would send the data to the appropriate table in the db. To make it excellent, it would be desirable to provide a form that enables the course creator / admin to customize the content of the message that Moodle sends to the new user upon registration. Needless to say it would be absolutely magnificent if this function were course-specific and not global - but we have already talked of that before regarding many aspects and functions.

I know Martin only has about 24 hours a day to work on Moodle - but maybe there are others here who could lend a hand?

Lev

In reply to Mª Victoria Hernández

Re: Messages from administrator

by Sergio Alfaro -

Maria Victoria,

Los mensajes de contacto con los usuarios en el caso del enrolamiento son automáticos,

En los los Foros tienes que habilitar los cronjob si tienes cpanel es muy fácil y si no en los foros hay bastante documentación para que puedas realizarlo.

Te sugiero que te inscribas en el foro español, en éste, encontrarás personas que te podemos ayudar en nuestro idioma.

En todo caso cualquier duda , solo pregunta y te ayudaremos.

Saludos,

Sergio