"search glossary" window on frontpage?

"search glossary" window on frontpage?

by James Phillips -
Number of replies: 2
It is possible to have a "search glossary" window on the frontpage?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to James Phillips

Re: "search glossary" window on frontpage?

by Jan Dierckx -

You could use the Configurable Search block mentioned in this discussion A demo of 2 glossary searches and a download with install instructions is provided somewhere on this page

The screenshot shows 2 samples:

1. A glossary on another Moodle site (in this case moodle.org)

2. A glossary on your own site.

In both cases you need to know the id of the glossary to be searched. The id is shown in your browser's location bar when you visit the glossary. Adding &fullsearch=1 to the link will search the full text of the glossary.

It's still in development, so use at your own risk.

The CSS is very buggy and there is a problem with the javascript used in the block. It is included in every page, also when the block is not shown. I tried adding php statements to the javascript.php but because of bug 3524 this didn't work.

Anyone who knows javascript or CSS and is able to help me out?

If you have problems with it, I can take out all of the javascript which isn't really necessary. I can't really do any more at this moment because school is starting again on 1st of september.

Attachment naamloos.JPG
In reply to Jan Dierckx

Re: "search glossary" window on frontpage?

by James Phillips -
Thanks! That looks great. This is for a production server that probably already has a bit too much stuff that is erring on the "untried" side so I will give this a go on a test site. Cheers.