Missing name and date in forum posts.

Missing name and date in forum posts.

by Stefaan Plets -
Number of replies: 7
Since I upgraded from 1.4.3 to 1.5.2+, names and dates in forum posts have disappeared. I use LDAP autentication against an MS Active Directory server. Names and surnames are not pulled from the AD. The problem doesn't seem theme related: when I watch the HTML-code of the page, I can't find names and dates either.

Has anyone any hints???

TIA

Stefaan.
Attachment Image2.jpg
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Stefaan Plets

Re: Missing name and date in forum posts.

by James Robertson -
I had that problem with an earlier version of 1.5+, but it went away with a later upgrade.  I have not experienced it since (currently using 1.5.2+ v2005060222 Aug 8).
In reply to James Robertson

by Stefaan Plets -
I use the same version (v2005060222) (CVS upgrades)... Thanks anyway...glimlach

by Tim Allen -
Hi Stefaan,

If the names are displayed in other screens but just not in the forum post header it might not be related to the authentication mechanism.

Have you tried changing the language to see if the problem is language pack related? I had such a problem recently with the Korean language pack when one of my translators made an error in the "bynameondate" string in the forum.php file.

Tim. smile
In reply to Tim Allen

by Stefaan Plets -
Thanks Tim, for the hint, but ... still no luck, I tried both en_en and en_us language packs, added a new post and still the same problem.
Attachment Image1.jpg

Problem still exists...

by Stefaan Plets -
After several CVS updates, the problem still exists...  In the email sent out from the forum, the names are also missing...  However, in the messages coming from the RSS feed on this forum, the names are displayed correctly...

One more hint ???

by Stefaan Plets -
When I run Moodle in debug mode; I get this error message:

Notice: Object to string conversion in /srv/www/htdocs/moodle/lib/moodlelib.php on line 4315

Any help welcome...

TIA

Stefaan

Missing name and date in forum posts: problem "solved"

by Stefaan Plets -
I commented out the second line:

// if $a happens to have % in it, double it so sprintf() doesn't break

//$a = str_replace( '%','%%',$a );

Hope this doesn't give too much trouble...

(/srv/www/htdocs/moodle/lib/moodlelib.php on line 4315)