Editing is on all the time

Editing is on all the time

by Stephen Wilkinson -
Number of replies: 4

I've just upgraded to Moodle 1.5.2 with a new download of the book module from moodle.org downloads page.

The books that were created a few versions ago and that did not display correctly with v1.5 (all text right-aligned) are now displaying well.

However, for teachers editing icons are always displayed next to the chapters and subchapters. The editing button displays "Turn Editing On", even though it seems to be on already.

To switch editing off you have to switch it on and then switch it off. However as soon as you turn a page the editing comes back on again, even though the button displays "Turn Editing On".

Any advice?

Many thanks.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Stephen Wilkinson

Re: Editing is on all the time

by Jaroslav Šeděnka -
Same for me (Moodle 1.5.2+, both the original Book and with our bugfixes). Unfortunately, I'll have time to look at it after at least two weeks.
In reply to Jaroslav Šeděnka

by Petr Skoda -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Sure, this is a bug. I have fixed it already on my server week ago, but forget to commit it to CVS sad

I am commiting it right now. Other fixes are coming within several days too.

Thanks for the report!

skodak
In reply to Petr Skoda

by Stephen Wilkinson -

Thanks for this.

Will I be able to get it from the Moodle Downloads page as well? (I haven't installed s/w needed to access the Moodle CVS.)