Backup Error backup/lib.php error lin 292

Backup Error backup/lib.php error lin 292

by Russell Myers -
Number of replies: 6
Hi All,

I'm getting an error when I go to back up, it says six times:

Warning: chmod(): Operation not permitted in /Library/WebServer/Documents/caslr/backup/lib.php on line 292

Then it says:

An error occurred while copying course files

The backup did not complete successfully

I tried to decypher the code in the lib.php file but could not come up with anything? Could someone please tell me where to start looking to fix this. Normally I can fix these things, but I need a starting point. Thanks All!

Rusty Myers
http://piccle.ed.psu.edu
http://viper.educ.psu.edu/caslr
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Russell Myers

Re: Backup Error backup/lib.php error lin 292

by Juan Duran -

Hi, the chmod() command is for changing permission on files on your filesystem, I would start by looking at my files permission, maybe you have to change them.

Juan

In reply to Juan Duran

by Russell Myers -
I have checked the backup/lib file and change the permissions but I still get an error when backing up "Copying User Files" Any Ideas?

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Russell,

in the backup process, when "Copying User Files" is executed. All the needed dirs under "moodledata/users" are copied.

Some file/dir inside it (perhaps a manually created one) cannot be copied and chmod-ed properly. Check perms inside such directory (you always can change them recursively to allow Moodle to manipulate them).

Ciao smile
In reply to Eloy Lafuente (stronk7)

by Russell Myers -
Hi Ciao,

Thanks for the info, I was wondering what permissions should the "users" folder and contents should have? right now they are owner: www r+w+x group: admin r+w+x and everyone is r+w+x. I am not sure what they should be changed to. Thanks!

Rusty

by luciano biondo -
I have the same problem (permissione is read/write for all, but it is not enough). Did you discovered anything in the meantime?
Luciano
In reply to luciano biondo

by MC Otake -

I have the same problem. All my permissions are 777 in my moodledata folders. The other two sites I have are working properly and I have the same settings for all of them. Is there another reason for this?

MC Otake