How to hide "Yes, help me log in" -button

Vast: Re: How to hide "Yes, help me log in" -button

by Ari Ranta -
Number of replies: 0
Hi Helen,
I did not remember this.
Here is more information of our system which runs moodle 1.4.4.
Potential users are listed in an external file. Username is their ID-card number and password is Surname. We upload all potential users to the database into a table with two fields: username and password. This list is updated regularly. If user is not listed in our database he/she can't get in the moodle. Users have access to moodle only from their employer's network and PCs.
We want to allow users to change the password in the user data table we have created. We have a php script for this and it works fine. If the user forgets the password the admin can give a new one. There is a Contact form button/block on the front page with which the user can ask for a new password. The user can log in as a guest to use this block or simply have a call to a techer or administrator. The problem is the button on the log in page. It doesn't give any help in our case. It's existence is connected to Change password button. We should like to control these separately.

I think I do as you suggested and leave change password URL blank on authentication settings page and add somewhere a link to the php script we made.

Thanks for your help
Ari Hymy