My thesis is published

Re: My thesis is published

by D.I. von Briesen -
Number of replies: 0
How did moodle get 10 overall if it didn't have 10 in each of the three rankings (looking at the bar chart)?

(not that I mind, mind you)

I'm also interested in how folks look at these comparisons, because the standard "does it have a discussion forum? Does it have a place to describe the course?" don't in any way do justice to what sold me on moodle in the first place.

For me, a huge deciding factor from the very beginning was that you could assign grades in the forums, and that the forums can be emailed out. It's not sufficient to just confirm that other platforms have forums - but rather you almost need to least a subset of features of each feature, and compare those. The problem is you then end up with very comprehensive, and bewildering comparisons, like that of CMS's at http://www.cmsmatrix.org/

But I do think that such a comparison would show up moodle in a very good light, and perhaps also highlight some of it's weaknesses vis a vis a small feature set in BB and WebCT (our dominant players in the US). For example, in the BB gradebook you can click on a grade and that takes you to the page for that grade for that student...

Great work, regardless!
d.i.