upgrading 1.4.3 to 1.5.2

upgrading 1.4.3 to 1.5.2

by daniel ginerman -
Number of replies: 0
Hi moodlefolks,
I finally dared to upgrade from 1.4.3 to 1.5.2 at our eduplanet.net site, hosted at an excellent freebsd virtual server.
i took advice from everyone's shared experience in these forums, and decided to start making the experience of a parallel new site, as a laboratory for the operation.
I made a new 1.5.2 installation at the alternative domain eduplanet.org.
It worked right.... therefore, I passed to the second stage: I copied into it the mysql database of our 1.4.3 installation (a huge database of about 80 mb) and passed also the current moodledata of our operative installation to the new one.
I just got into the "Admin" of the new installation to have all the issues updated. Everything looks ok, besides of the following error messages, that seem related to the "choice" and "hotpot" modules. I neither understand really the errors and I have no idea how to fix them. And the whole installation seems frozen there... that is, every click on "continue" takes me back to the same point, and I don't seem to have any way to get out of it.
PLEASE, ANY IDEA? ANYONE KNOWING HOW TO FIX IT?  I'm waiting to have this installation  up and running to  finally get into the "real thing" and upgrade our operative site smile
Following, the odd errors mentioned.
Thanx to all in advance,

daniEl

(mysql): CREATE TABLE mdl_choice_options ( `id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, `choiceid` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', `text` TEXT, `timemodified` int(10) NOT NULL default '0', PRIMARY KEY (id), UNIQUE KEY id (id), KEY choiceid (choiceid) ) TYPE=MyISAM;  
1050: Table 'mdl_choice_options' already exists

Error

SERIOUS PROBLEM OCCURRED WHILE UPGRADING A TABLE - you may have to manually upgrade your tables ... see mod/choice/db/mysql.php

Upgrading choice from 2004070103 to 2005041500 FAILED!

hotpot

(mysql): CREATE TABLE mdl_hotpot ( id int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, course int(10) unsigned NOT NULL, name varchar(255) NOT NULL default '', reference varchar(255) NOT NULL default '', summary text NOT NULL, timeopen int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', timeclose int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', attempts smallint(6) NOT NULL default '0', grademethod tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '1', review tinyint(4) NOT NULL default '0', grade int(10) NOT NULL default '0', timecreated int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', timemodified int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', location int(4) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', navigation int(4) unsigned NOT NULL default '1', outputformat int(4) unsigned NOT NULL default '1', shownextquiz int(4) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', forceplugins int(4) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', password varchar(255) NOT NULL default '', subnet varchar(255) NOT NULL default '', PRIMARY KEY (id)) TYPE=MyISAM COMMENT='details about Hot Potatoes quizzes'  
1050: Table 'mdl_hotpot' already exists

Error

(mysql): CREATE TABLE mdl_hotpot_attempts ( id int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, hotpot int(10) unsigned NOT NULL, userid int(10) unsigned NOT NULL, starttime int(10) unsigned default NULL, endtime int(10) unsigned default NULL, score int(6) unsigned default NULL, penalties int(6) unsigned default NULL, attempt int(6) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', details text, timestart int(10) unsigned default NULL, timefinish int(10) unsigned default NULL, PRIMARY KEY (id)) TYPE=MyISAM COMMENT='details about Hot Potatoes quiz attempts'  
1050: Table 'mdl_hotpot_attempts' already exists

Error

(mysql): CREATE TABLE mdl_hotpot_questions ( id int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, name varchar(255) NOT NULL default '', type int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', text text, hotpot int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', PRIMARY KEY (id)) TYPE=MyISAM COMMENT='details about questions in Hot Potatatoes quiz attempts'  
1050: Table 'mdl_hotpot_questions' already exists

Error

(mysql): CREATE TABLE mdl_hotpot_responses ( id int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, attempt int(10) unsigned NOT NULL, question int(10) unsigned NOT NULL, score smallint(8) default NULL, weighting smallint(8) default NULL, correct varchar(255) default NULL, wrong varchar(255) default NULL, ignored varchar(255) default NULL, hints smallint(6) default NULL, clues smallint(6) default NULL, checks smallint(6) default NULL, PRIMARY KEY (id)) TYPE=MyISAM COMMENT='details about responses in Hot Potatatoes quiz attempts'  
1050: Table 'mdl_hotpot_responses' already exists

Error

(mysql): CREATE TABLE mdl_hotpot_strings ( id int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, string text NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY (id)) TYPE=MyISAM COMMENT='strings used in Hot Potatatoes questions and responses'  
1050: Table 'mdl_hotpot_strings' already exists

Error

(mysql): SELECT COUNT(*) FROM mdl_message WHERE useridto = '1' AND timecreated > '0'  

hotpot tables could NOT be set up successfully! 
Average of ratings: -